Post update: 07 July, 2010
You can add the “Share on Facebook” button in a wordpress.com blog post in an even simpler method than the one described in this post. :D
Read the following tutorial:
How to add a “Share on Facebook” button in a wordpress.com blog post in ONE click
FACEBOOK is one of the most hip and happening social networking sites out there. If you are a blogger and if you are serious about blog promotion, then sharing your posts in Facebook is a good idea. So how do we offer “Share on Facebook” under blog posts?
That’s easy (provided you use Firefox). And the solution will work for any blogging platform (and even wordpress.com) that will allow you to paste a bit of Html code. :D
Ready for the tutorial? Good! You will need to click on the following link.
Share on Facebook bookmarklet for wordpress.com and grab the “Share on Facebook” bookmarklet.
- View a published post in Firefox. Make sure you see the permalink of the post in the adress bar, and not the blog url.
- Now click the Share on Facebook bookmarklet. A new url will be generated in the address bar. This is the url that you will need.
- Copy the url from the address bar. (The url automatically turns into the “log-in” url of Facebook, which is useless for this project and so please log in to your Facebook account before pressing the bookmarklet!)
- Go to the admin area of your blog post and link the url to a Facebook icon or the words “Share on Facebook”.
- Save changes and view the post.
In case of questions or compliments, please feel free to use the comment box!
Any social bookmarking and sharing links in a wordpress.com blog post
Learn how to have the buttons below (or any button you desire) and not just Facebook!
If you like this post, please consider promoting it.